The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals who visit our Web sites.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily,
usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade uses software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with their Web sites. In such instances, DFAIT makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of
individuals visiting DFAIT sites.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade does not regularly use "cookies" to track how visitors use the Web sites of individual institutions. Whenever we enable "cookies" to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (Note: Cookies are files that a Web site can place on your hard drive, without your knowledge, to monitor your use of that site.)
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except DFAIT personnel who need the information, e.g., to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the
Privacy Act in Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade may be directed to by accessing the Access to information Website of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade or by calling (613) 992-1425. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy
Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca
The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site is available in both English and French (or in one language only if a unilingual
office). However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided. Information and services that are provided on this site in language(s) other than English or French are only provided as a convenience to the user when available.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) are provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible
for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information
found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their contents.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-GoC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade recognizes its responsibility to develop electronic information that is accessible and useable by all people. We will devote the time and resources necessary to ensure that all users enjoy access to our information and services. It is the responsibility of everyone at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade to deliver on this commitment. If you have any questions , comments or you are having difficulty accessing any documents on our site please proceed to our accessibility section where you can contact the right area to work out a solution with you.
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by
Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact: the webmaster